Home » Nebraska » Reciprocal General Contractor Licensing in Nebraska

Reciprocal General Contractor Licensing in Nebraska

  • SumoMe

The State of Nebraska does not hold reciprocal licensing agreements with other state for General Contractors.  This is because Nebraska requires contractor registration rather than licensing.

Out-of-state contractors who want to work in Nebraska must complete the online registration process with the NE Department of Labor.  Registration is required for any contractor making more than $5,000 performing work on construction projects within the state.

*If the contractor makes less than $5,000 per year performing construction, registration is not required. 

As part of the online registration process, contractors are required to:

  • Provide basic information about their business
  • Provide tax identification numbers
  • Provide proof of worker’s compensation insurance
  • Pay the registration fee
  • Submit the online application to the Department of Labor

For more information about registering as a General Contractor in the State of Nebraska, visit our page on General Contractor Licensing in Nebraska.

Related Posts