Home » Delaware » Reciprocal General Contractor Licensing in Delaware

Reciprocal General Contractor Licensing in Delaware

  • SumoMe

The State of Delaware does not have reciprocal agreements with other states for General Contractors.  This is because Delaware offers a non-resident contractor application packet as part of their registration and business licensing process.

Out-of-state contractors who want to work on construction projects in Delaware must apply for a registration and business license from the DE Division of Revenue.  As part of the licensing and registration process, contractors are required to:

  • Provide detailed information about their business and business practices
  • Obtain the proper forms of insurance if employing workers, including unemployment and workers compensation
  • Post a bond at the start of each project, based on 6% of the total project cost
  • Register their business entity with the Delaware Secretary of State
  • Complete and submit a non-resident contractor application to the Delaware Division of Revenue along with all the required documents and fees

For more information, visit our page about obtaining a business license and registration as a General Contractor working in the State of Delaware.

Related Posts