Home » New Mexico » Reciprocal General Contractor Licensing in New Mexico

Reciprocal General Contractor Licensing in New Mexico

  • SumoMe

The State of New Mexico does not have reciprocal licensing agreements for General Contractors licensed in other states.  This is due to the added steps in the licensing process that are needed to work as a contractor in New Mexico.

Out-of-state contractors who want to work on construction projects in New Mexico must obtain a license from the NM Regulation and Licensing Department’s Construction Industries Division (CID).  The CID works with PSI Services to help contractors become licensed.  A license is needed to bid or work on construction projects of any kind within the state.

As part of the licensing process, contractors are required to:

  • Choose a qualifying party who meets the work experience requirement
  • Obtain Qualifying Party Certification
  • Take and pass the NM Business & Law and Trade exams
  • Obtain the proper bonding and insurance
  • Register with the NM Secretary of State
  • Complete and submit a license application to the CID along with all the required documents and fees

For more information, visit our page detailing how to obtain a General Contractor License in the State of New Mexico.

Related Posts